Looking for the perfect stocking stuffer for “rookie” parents, “third-time’s-the-charm” parents, or even “been-there-done-that” grandparents? You’re in luck! Gryphon House is counting down our favorite picks for parents. Whether you’re looking to spice up a holiday road trip, explore some exciting art activities, or bring out your baby’s “baby smarts,” we’ve got a book for that!
This book is brimming with tasty kitchen adventures for you and your child to enjoy together! With a cup of wonder, a teaspoon of laughter, and a scoop of fun, the recipes and activities in The Budding Chef will help you share cooking’s magical moments.
Peanut Butter Play Dough (from The Budding Chef)
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup honey or corn syrup
- 1 cup powdered milk
- 1 cup oatmeal
- Coconut or powdered sugar, optional
- Large Bowl
- Measuring cup
- Mixing spoon
What to Do:
- Help your child measure 1 cup peanut butter, 1 cup honey, 1 cup powdered milk, and 1 cup oatmeal.
- Once the ingredients are measured, help your child combine them in a large bowl. As he works with the ingredients, talk about how they are changing as he mixes them. This is hard work!
- Once the mixture is dough-like, he can spoon out some of the play dough and mix it using his hands and fingers. Ask him if it is sticky. If the answer is yes, add small amounts of oatmeal and powdered milk.
- Encourage your child to explore this edible play dough. If desired, your child can make “snowballs” by rolling a rounded ball of dough in coconut and powdered sugar.
- As he plays with the play dough, remind him that it is okay to eat as well!