Your little tricksters are in for quite the treat with this tasty witch’s brew! Craft this boo-tiful beverage during circle time to get your little ghouls in the haunting spirit!
- Large pot (cauldron)
- Large spoon for stirring
- Milk (1 1/2 cups)
- Vanilla (2 teaspoons)
- Orange juice concentrate (12-ounce can)
- Water (1 1/2 cups)
What to Do:
- Talk about the witch’s brew and how the children together will make a lucky witch’s brew. Emphasize that children will have to cooperate and take turns.
- Have the children take turns putting the ingredients in the cauldron and stirring. (With older children, you may want to ask the children to pretend to be witches and have the ingredients represent items associated with Halloween, for example, the orange juice concentrate could be pumpkin guts; the milk could be juice from a milkweed plant, etc.)
- Ladle the witch’s brew into a cup for each child.
Want to extend this spooktacular activity? Try some of these suggestions!
- Before crafting your witch’s brew, have the children create their own witch hats made from construction paper.
- Teach the children “The Witch’s Brew Song”
Stirring and stirring and stirring our bew
Stirring and stirring and stirring our brew
- Read the children a Halloween book or listen to a spooky sounds CD while crafting the brew!
This Halloween activity is featured in both Everything for Fall and The GIANT Encyclopedia of Circle Time and Group Activities for Children 3 to 6 from Gryphon House.